The Joliet Brewers Guild was founded in 2012 by Joel Rakoski, and our first meeting was held on March 13, 2013. We began with 13 members and have been growing ever since. We currently have meetings the 2nd Wednesday of every month at Chicago Street Pub located at 75 N Chicago Street in Joliet.
- To hold monthly meetings where brewers and brewers-to-be can to get together to share homebrew, recipe tips, and advice with each other
- To have presentations about all things related to beer and brewing
- To host club only contests between members and encourage participation in outside competitions
- To encourage our members to become BJCP certified judges
- To organize and host special events for our members, including but not limited to, brew days, cookouts, pub crawls and brewery tours.
- To coordinate group buys of ingredients and equipment to save our members money
- To participate in and encourage member participation in local, Joliet area events, to introduce the public to the hobby of homebrewing
- To rule the Joliet area homebrewing scene with an iron fist!
Meet the Officers
Our club relies on the efforts of our dedicated club officers. Each of them volunteering additional time and effort to make this club the best homebrew club around.
JBG's bearded leader upholds the constitution and runs all of our meetings. He also represents the guild for all outside functions.
2nd in succession Jason will really need to step up his beard game if anything ever happens to Doug. The Vice President assists the President whenever needed.
The secretary takes the minutes of all guild meetings and presents them for publication. 3rd in succession if President and Vice president are unable to chair the meeting. Aside from revolutionizing the Secretary position Kevin is also the co-host on A Nice Place to Brew a homebrewing podcast.
Administers the guild's finances, collecting and documenting all monies owed to the guild. Treasurer is responsible to submit a finance report to the inner circle on a quarterly basis.
Research, design and maintain the club's online presence. To promote the guild in the media and public at large, as well as assist with social media and digital communications.
Arrange and organizes the club competitions, overseeing competition rules and prizes. Encourages members to enter outside competitions in order to spread the JBG name.
Sergeant at Arms
Sergeant at arms is responsible for setting up before and making sure that our meeting place is cleaned up when we are finished, they also proctor all nominations and elections.